2014 NIRSA National Soccer Championships
Update, August 25, 2014:
Registration for the Open Division lottery will open for four hours on September 30
. Read more
The 21st Annual NIRSA National Soccer Championships will be held in Memphis, Tennessee at the Mike Rose Soccer Complex on November 20-22, 2014. Open and championship divisions for men's and women's teams will bring together over 2,000 players, staff, and officials to see 96 teams compete for the chance to be crowned a NIRSA National Champion.
Championship Division Registration Information
24 men's and 24 women's teams will vie for the Championship Division titles. Teams must qualify for the Championship Division.
Regional Coordinators will post scores weekly on the NIRSA website and will rank the top 10 teams in their respective regions. Be sure to contact and report weekly scores to your regional coordinator to make sure your team is being considered for at-large Championship Division bids! At-large bids for the Championship Division will be awarded on Monday, November 3.
Open Division Registration Information
24 men's and 24 women's teams will vie for the Open Division NIRSA Championship Series National Soccer Champion titles. The process for registering for the Open Division has changed from 2013. This year, team registration bids will be awarded by a lottery draw on September 30.
To participate in the lottery draw, a team representative will need to sign-up the team between 11:00am and 3:00pm EST on September 30, 2014. Sign-ups take place on the NIRSA Championship Series page on IMleagues. A regionally-weighted, lottery draw for the 24 men's and 24 women's teams will take place starting at 4:00pm EST, and will be live-streamed here.
The first four teams from each of NIRSA’s six regions will be seated in the tournament draw, with the remaining teams from full regional brackets will be added to a waitlist in the order in which they were drawn. If any region does not have four teams registered for the lottery by 3:00pm EST on September 30, the vacant slots will be awarded to wait listed teams in other regions (the rotation of unfilled slots will be based on number of active teams in the regions).
The 48 teams that are selected from the regionally-weighted, lottery draw will have until 4:00pm PST on October 1 to fully register the team, including payment of the full entry fee. Final rosters, however, are not due for Open Division teams until October 30. As part of finalizing the rosters, captains will need to ensure each player has registered online and submitted the required forms. Team captains will be sent specific instructions once team is accepted into the tournament.
Enrollment verification forms will be sent via email to team reps by November 3. This form will need signatures of all participants, the Sport Club Director, and the University Registrar.
NIRSA Championship Series Soccer Regional Coordinators
Men's Division: Daryl Shreve
Women's Division: Catherine Chanoine
Regional Coordinators will serve as the primary contact for reporting scores during the season.
- 9/30/14 - Entries for Open Division accepted at NIRSA Headquarters via online registration
- 10/30/14 - Last day to make roster changes without a fee for Open Division teams
- 11/3/14 - Invitations for at-large bids for the Championship Division
- 11/04/14 – Accepted teams receive Player Certification form – has to be signed by participants, the sport club director and school’s registrar after verification of enrollment
- 11/07/2014 -Last day to make roster changes without a fee for Championship Division teams
- 11/19/14 – 2:00pm to 7:00pm Practice – Mike Rose Soccer Complex; 5:00pm to 7:00pm check-in, 7:00pm coaches meeting)
- 11/20/14 - Pool Play - Mike Rose Soccer Complex
- 11/21/14 - Pool Play and Single Elimination rounds – Mike Rose Soccer Complex
- 11/22/14 - Semi-finals and finals for all divisions (1:00pm Final Men’s and Women’s Open; 3:00pm Final Women’s Championship; 5:00 pm Final Men’s Championship)
Teams at schools that are NIRSA Institutional Members - $1,200
Teams at schools that are not NIRSA Institutional Members - $1,600
NIRSA recommends that teams do not purchase plane tickets until their team’s entry acceptance is confirmed.
Questions about the 2014 NIRSA Championship Series Soccer Tournament can be directed to the NIRSA Director of National Sport Programs, Valerie McCutchan.