Registration for the Open Division will open on September 30th at 8am Pacific Time
The 21st Annual NIRSA National Soccer Championships will be held in Memphis, Tennessee at the Mike Rose Soccer Complex on November 20-22, 2014. The Open Division will be 24 men’s and 24 women’s teams. Teams MUST qualify for the Championship Division. The at-large bids for the Championship Division will be awarded on Monday, November 3.
The Open Division registration has CHANGED. It will be a lottery draw on September 30. A team representative will need to sign-up the team between 8 am – 12 pm PST on www.IMleagues.com/nirsa. A draw from the hat will take place starting at 1 pm PST, 4 teams in each region will be selected (the rest of the teams from the region will be drawn and put on a waitlist in order). Teams selected will have until 1 pm PST on October 1 to register the team which includes payment of entry fee.
- If a region does not have 4 teams register for the lottery by 12 pm PST on September 30, the vacant slots will be given to wait listed teams in other regions (the rotation of regions given extra slots will be based on number of active teams in the region).
Final rosters are due for Open Division teams on October 30. Each player will need to register online and submit required forms, team captains will be sent specific instructions once team is accepted into the tournament. Enrollment verification forms will be sent via email to team reps by November 3. This form will need all participants’ signatures, and also be signed by Sport Club Director and the University Registrar.
- 9/30/14 - Entries for Open Division accepted at the NIRSA National Center via online registration
- 10/30/14 - Last day to make roster changes without a fee for Open Division teams
- 11/3/14 - Invitations for at-large bids for the Championship Division
- 11/04/14 – Accepted teams receive Player Certification form – has to be signed by participants, the sport club director and school’s registrar after verification of enrollment
- 11/07/2014 -Last day to make roster changes without a fee for Championship Division teams
- 11/19/14 – 2 pm to 7 pm Practice – Mike Rose Soccer Complex; 5 pm to 7 pm check-in, 7 pm coaches meeting)
- 11/20/14 - Pool Play - Mike Rose Soccer Complex
- 11/21/14 - Pool Play and Single Elimination rounds – Mike Rose Soccer Complex
- 11/22/14 - Semi-finals and finals for all divisions (1 pm Final Men’s and Women’s Open; 3 pm Final Women’s Championship; 5 pm Final Men’s Championship)
- Institutional Member - $1,200
- Non-Member - $1,600
NIRSA recommends that teams don’t purchase plane tickets until entry acceptance is confirmed.
Regional Coordinators will be posting scores weekly on the NIRSA website and ranking the top 10 teams in their regions. Please be sure to contact and report weekly scores to your regional coordinator to make sure your team is being considered for at-large Championship Division bids!
Tournament Questions: Contact Valerie McCutchan, (541) 766-8211