NIRSA is pleased to present the Health & Wellness Passport
program. The program allows faculty and
staff of participating NIRSA Member Institutions to use, at no cost, the
recreational facilities at other institutions that have opted to join
the program. Here’s how it works:
- An authorized representative of a NIRSA Member Institution opts in to the program by indicating interest on their institutional profile.
- Individuals wishing to obtain a voucher must be faculty or staff, or a NIRSA Student Member, and must be a member of their own institution's
recreation center. Qualifying individuals can request a voucher from a
designated staff member at their institution.
- Designated staff at the individual’s home institution will verify
the individual’s eligibility and then complete a simple online form to
request a voucher on behalf of the individual. The NIRSA Headquarters team will email a voucher directly to the individual within two
- The voucher is good for 30 days and will allow the individual entry
to the recreational facilities of another NIRSA Member Institutions that
has opted in. Each facility has the right to limit the use of their
facilities by any individual to seven visits in a calendar year.
Institutional Members: Opt in to this exciting new
program today so your faculty, staff, and NIRSA Student Members can take
advantage of its benefits. Consider the following:
- There is no cost to opt in, and you only have to do so once
- You can change your mind at any time
- Visitors presenting vouchers for entry to your facilities agree to
abide by the rules of your facilities (e.g., signing an assumption of
risk form, following policies regarding the use of the facility by
additional guests or family members, etc.). However, please note that
the program is currently limited to NIRSA Member Institutions that will
allow free entry to eligible individuals.
- NIRSA is developing an online “toolkit” that will make it easier for
you to implement the program on your campus. The toolkit will be made
available to institutions upon opting in, and includes:
- fliers and posters to advertise the program in-house
- a step-by-step illustrated training guide for your staff to use when obtaining or receiving a voucher
- ideas on how you can communicate the benefits of the program to your Human Resources department or other campus administrators